1) Where is the FoodPrep Food Handler course recognized?
FoodPrep offers an Ontario Ministry of Health Accredited Food Handler Training Program that is recognized across the province of Ontario. We work in partnership with the Ontario Ministry of Health and various health units including the City of Toronto to certify Food Handlers throughout the province of Ontario.
2) Who should I take the FoodPrep Food Handler course?
If you are employed or looking of a job in the following industries:
Food Industry: cook, chef, server, caterer, restaurant owner, food service supervisor, cafeteria worker, street vendor, baker hot dog vendor, stock person, kitchen helper.
Health Care Industry: personal support worker (PSW), dietary aide, nurse's aide, care giver.
Daycare Industry: nanny, early childhood worker, care giver.
3) How do I receive my Food Handler Certification ?
- Complete Food Handler Certification in-class, online or study our Food Handler manual in preparation for the exam.
- Complete the Food Handler Certification exam (50 multiple choice questions).
- Achieve a score of 70% or higher on the Food Handler Certification exam.
- Receive a Food Handler Certificate and wallet card.